Trinity Christian School is an independent, Christian, college preparatory day school open to students of all races and creeds and was founded in 1981 by Trinity Church of the Assemblies of God. Trinity Christian School is the largest Christian school in the south Metro area with a total enrollment of over 600 students in grades PreK3-12 with around 235 enrolled in the high school. The staff, including teachers, administrators and pastors, includes 65 members. School Accreditation: TCS is approved by the Texas State Department of Education, is accredited by the Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS) and is a member of the Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS). ACTS is recognized by TEPSAC, which is the organization that oversees all accreditation for the State of Texas. TEPSAC is recognized by Texas Education Association (TEA).
Curriculum and Graduation Requirements
The high school curriculum is a college-preparatory curriculum.
- English | 4 credits
- Science (Bio and Chem req) | 4 credits
- Mathematics (Geom and Alg II req) | 4 credits
- Social Studies | 4 credits
- Bible | 4 credits
- Foreign Language (same language) | 2 credits
- Physical Education | 1 credit
- Fine Arts | 1 credit
- Speech | .5 credit
- Electives | 2.5 credits
TOTAL | 27 credits
- Math Distinction must complete 4 years of honors/AP math.
- Science Distinction must complete 4 years of honors/AP science.
- Language Distinction must complete 4 years of honors/AP English and 4 years of a foreign language.
- Fine Arts Distinction must complete 4 years of fine arts courses and complete a portfolio by the end of their senior year.
GRADE POINT AVERAGE
TCS uses a weighted numerical grading system. Credits and cumulative GPA become officially recorded on the high school transcript for students in grades 9-12 and are based upon their semester average in a course. The total number of points earned is divided by the number of semesters attempted to determine the GPA. GPAs are derived from a four-point system based upon the following numerical scale:
|A (90-100)||4.0||A (90-100)||5.0|
|B (80-89)||3.0||B (80-89)||4.0|
|C (70-79)||2.0||C (70-79)||3.0|
|D (Below 70)||0.0||D (Below 70)||0.0|
Class rank, weighted based on the level of acceleration (honors or Advanced Placement courses), is determined by the GPA of each student. Individual rank is reported to colleges on the student’s transcript. However, Trinity Christian School provides a rigorous college prep educational environment with high expectations, small class sizes, and a 98% college bound population. As a result, a traditional ranking system provides an inaccurate comparison of TCS graduates to students from larger schools. TCS encourages colleges to take other aspects of our students into consideration for admissions and awards: GPA, rigor of courses, areas of involvement, and personal recommendations
Class of 2016 AP and Honors Course Offerings
- English: Pre-AP English I, Pre-AP English II, AP English III (Language and Composition), AP English IV (Literature and Composition)
- Science: Biology I Honors, Chemistry I Honors, Biology II Honors, Physics Honors
- Mathematics: Geometry Honors, Algebra II Honors, Pre-AP Pre-Calculus, AP Calculus AB
- Social Studies: AP US History, Dual Credit History (HIS 1301, HIS 1302)
- Foreign Language: Spanish 3 Honors, Spanish 4 Honors
- Art: Studio Art Honors
2017-2018 High School Electives
- Academic Seminar (Junior High)
- Art I/II/III
- College Prep Algebra
- Comp. Graphic Design
- Dance I/ II
- Digital and Interactive Media
- Dual Credit
- Forensic Science
- Health and Nutrition
- Intro to Business Accounting
- Intro to Neuro Science
- SAT/ACT Prep
- Spanish I/II/III/IV
- Sports Medicine
- Strength and Conditioning
- Studio Art
- Theater Arts
- Worship Band
TCS is a member of the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS) in the 3A Division. TCS 9th-12th grade students compete in athletics, academics and art through that organization. Students may participate in 14 Interscholastic Sports, Choir, Drumline, Student Council, and National Honor Society.d personal recommendations
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
If you are interested in Trinity Christian School, we'd love for you to meet our staff, tour our campus and get all of your questions answered. Click the button below to get started.