Trinity Christian School is an independent, Christian, college preparatory day school open to students of all races and creeds. Founded in 1981 by Trinity Church of the Assemblies of God, Trinity Christian School is one of the largest Christian schools in the south Dallas area. Presently, TCS has a total enrollment of approximately 550 students in grades PreK3-12. The staff, including teachers, administrators and pastors, includes 65 members.
School Accreditation: TCS is approved by the Texas State Department of Education, is accredited by the Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS). ACTS, a member of the National Council for Private School Accreditation, is recognized by TEPSAC, the educational entity that oversees all private school accreditation for the State of Texas. TEPSAC is recognized by Texas Education Association (TEA).
Curriculum and Graduation Requirements
The high school curriculum is a college-preparatory curriculum.
- English | 4 credits
- Science (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics required) | 4 credits
- Mathematics (Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra II required) | 4 credits
- Social Studies | 4 credits
- Bible | 4 credits
- Foreign Language (same language) | 2 credits
- Physical Education | 1 credit
- Fine Arts | 1 credit
- Speech | .5 credit
- Electives | 2.5 credits
TOTAL | 27 credits
- Math Distinction requires 4 years of honors/AP math.
- Science Distinction requires 4 years of honors/AP science.
- Language Distinction requires 4 years of honors/AP English and 4 years of a foreign language.
- Fine Arts Distinction requires 4 years of fine arts courses and completion of a portfolio by the end of senior year.
GRADE POINT AVERAGE
TCS utilizes a weighted numerical grading system. Credits and cumulative GPA are officially recorded on the high school transcript for students in grades 9-12 and are based upon the semester average in a course. The total number of points earned is divided by the number of semesters attempted to determine the GPA. GPAs are derived from a four-point system based upon the following numerical scale:
|Grade||GPA||Honors Class Grade||GPA|
|A (90-100)||4.0||A (90-100)||5.0|
|B (80-89)||3.0||B (80-89)||4.0|
|C (70-79)||2.0||C (70-79)||3.0|
|D (Below 70)||0.0||D (Below 70)||0.0|
Class rank, weighted based on the student's course rigor (Honors or Advanced Placement courses), is determined by the GPA of each student. Individual rank is reported to colleges on the student’s transcript. Trinity Christian School provides a rigorous college prep educational environment with high expectations, small class sizes, and a 98% college bound population. A traditional ranking system may not provide an accurate comparison of TCS graduates to students from larger schools. TCS encourages colleges to take other aspects of our students into consideration for admissions and awards: GPA, rigor of courses, areas of involvement, and personal recommendations.
2019-2020 AP and Honors Course Offerings
- English: Pre-AP English I, Pre-AP English II, AP English III (Language and Composition), AP English IV (Literature and Composition)
- Science: Biology I Honors, Chemistry I Honors, Physics Honors, Introduction to Neuroscience
- Mathematics: Algebra I Honors, Geometry Honors, Algebra II Honors, Pre-AP Pre-Calculus, AP Calculus AB, AP Statistics (alternating years)
- Social Studies: World Geography Honors, AP World History, AP US History, Government Honors, Economics Honors
- Foreign Language: Spanish 1 Honors (8th grade), Spanish 3 Honors, Spanish 4 Honors
- Art: Studio Art Honors
2019-2020 Upper School Electives
- ACT/SAT Prep
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Art I/II/III
- Business Communications
- Calculus (AP)
- College Algebra Prep
- Computer Information Tech
- Digital Media
- Foreign Languages
- Forensic Science
- Integrated Physics & Chemistry
- Intro to Criminal Justice
- Intro to Neuroscience (Honors)
- Physical Education
- Precalculus (Pre-AP)
- Sports Medicine
- Worship Band
TCS is a member of the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS) in the 5A Division. TCS 9th-12th grade students compete in athletics, academics and art through that organization. Students may participate in 14 Interscholastic Sports, Choir, Drumline, Student Council, and National Honor Society.
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
If you are interested in Trinity Christian School, we would love for you to meet our staff, tour our campus, and get all of your questions answered. Click the button below to get started.